CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 1, 2011

Bored?!! I Wish!

So yesterday I noticed that a friend posted on facebook that she was bored.  I couldn't help but laugh out loud to myself.  It drives me crazy when my adult friends say they're bored!  How is that possible?  I understand when my kids say they are bored... they have no lives.  But how can a healthy, active, adult-aged mom be bored?  What I wouldn't give to be bored!  I NEVER run out of things to do... EVER.  Even if, miracle of miracles, I actually happen to get all of the stuff done that I HAVE to do (which is NEVER), I always have plenty of things I WANT to do (and never have time to do).

If I had all the money in the world and could pay someone to do all the menial tasks that I am responsible for so that I was free to do whatever I wanted, I would still NEVER be bored.  Here is a list of all of the things I would spend my time doing (if I had the time & an unlimited supply of money, of course!):


My "To Do" List

READ, READ, READ, & READ! (can you tell I don't get enough time to read?)
Watch every movie I've never had time to watch (& rewatch my faves!)
Crafts- crocheting, embroidery, tole-painting, rubber stamping, card making, scrapbooking, etc.
Work out more (I envy the people on Biggest Loser that can devote so much time to it)
Take college classes (including writing classes!)
Write books
Travel
Watch The History Channel
Volunteer/ Give Service
Fun shopping (does not include groceries... that is a chore!)
Go out to lunch with my hubby or my mom or other girl friends
Attend the temple more regularly and volunteer there
Study the gospel more thoroughly
Share the gospel with more people
Work on Family History/ Write my Personal History
Home Improvement/Decorating projects
Learn Sign Language
Take piano and voice lessons
Learn a foreign language
Take a martial arts class (ie- Tae Kwon Do, Jiu Jitzu, Kung Fu)
Take dance and acting classes
Photography
Go to a Spa regularly (facials, massages, pedicures... ahhh the life!)

I'm sure I could come up with more, but you get my point.  I WISH (desperately sometimes) that I had more time for me.  However, I am grateful that I am a mom and that the Lord has blessed me with four healthy, beautiful, wonderful kids.  They do take a lot of my time, as does keeping up a house, but I'm grateful that I have the physical and mental health to be able to do it.  I'm also extremely grateful for a wonderful husband who not only provides well for his family (and is happy to do so) but is so supportive of my being a stay-at-home mom.  There are seasons in our lives and my season right now is being a VERY busy mother/homemaker.  There will be other seasons for other things in the future, but for now, I'm just gonna enjoy my children and not dwell on the fact that I don't have time to be BORED...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...