CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 1, 2011

Well... Here It Goes!

I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog for a little while now.  Not a long while, mind you, just a little while.  I know people who have been blogging for some time and until very recently, I must admit I haven't had much interest in checking out their blogs or trying to stay current on their posts (sorry all of you- no offense!).  I think it mostly has to do with the fact that my life has changed of late and I'm finding my priorities changing along with it.

Until recently, I wasn't even keeping up with checking my email regularly or logging into facebook very often, let alone taking the time to check into other people's blogspots to find out what was going on in their lives.  Until recently, I wasn't even keeping up on my own life.  But it got to a point, at some point in the last year, that I found I couldn't get away with avoiding the techno world any longer.  I realized that I had to jump aboard that train or it was gonna run me over!

Too many people were using email exclusively as a way to communicate and pass pertinent information along.  I was falling farther and farther behind on the comings and goings of church, school, and family activities.  And as I started to check in on facebook more regularly, I've found it to be a very useful and enjoyable tool for staying in touch with and up-to-date on the lives of friends and family.  Again, I started to find that I was left in the dark if I didn't check in on a regular basis.

So how did I get from there to here, you may ask?  Well, as I stayed on top of my email and facebooking, I found that as I finished catching up, I was still hungering for more information and connection.  I started checking out those blogs my friends and family had been trying to get me to read.  I even found some by people I don't know personally but am inspired by.  As I read their blogs, I kept thinking, "Hey... I have something to say, too!"  I've been doing personal journaling online lately and really enjoying the process, but there have been times when the thought has crossed my mind that someone else might enjoy reading some of the thoughts that roam around inside my head.

Who knows if anyone out there will actually read any of my random warblings, but just the thought that someone might, and that someone might enjoy it, makes it worth doing.  Plus, I see it as an excuse to keep up on my journaling.  What I blog, I can copy and paste to my journal, and vice versa.  I figure there will be more pressure to keep up the blog if I know that someone out there just might be waiting for another nugget of randomness from me.  Anything's possible!

4 comments:

vaxhacker said...

A good decision, I'm sure! :) We look forward to keeping up with what's going on in your life too. Welcome aboard.

Siouxsie said...

I'm glad you've joined the blogsphere! Your joyful nature will be appreciated by this girl!

Grace said...

i'm glad you started a blog Laura. I began one about a year and a half ago. I need to post on mine, i haven't written anything in 6+mths. it's a great way to write about you and your family

David T. Seaton said...

i love your warblings

Post a Comment

Talk to me...